Through its numerous projects, the Inclusive Design Research Centre is constantly contributing to enhancing the accessibility of current and emerging information technologies. This page summarizes our most significant contributions in the mobile space.
Upstream Bug Reports
These bug reports describe issues that we have identified through our research, but that cannot be solved without the help and cooperation of the original manufacturers and developers of the products referred. The solution of these issues is an essential requirement to providing a fully accessible end-to-end user experience for people with disabilities; therefore, accessibility researchers, rehabilitation clinicians, assistive technology users and the general public are encouraged to contribute to the solution of these issues by adding their comments, voting for each report and/or submitting their own reports to the developers of the devices and apps listed here.
- Issue #11811163: “VoiceOver: Unable to navigate on-screen keyboard when text box is in pop-up window”
- Issue #11810488: “AssistiveTouch Menu button not navigable with VoiceOver”
- Input method app cannot access built-in browser chrome
- Accessibility issue with custom launchers on some devices
- Unable to open a new book in Google Play Books with keyboard
- Google Play Music Widget not accessible with keyboard
- Some UI elements are not keyboard accessible in Gmail
Firefox for Android
The reports below were filed in response to the first round of accessibility support for Firefox in Android
- Keyboard focus highlights are not consistently shown
- “+” button does not show keyboard focus highlight
Logitech Harmony Link
- Broken voice over compatibility: Logitech communicated they will not fix this.